Saturday, November 21, 2009

Peregrine Heathcote

As regular readers will know, every now and again I come across an artist who's work I mention here. Such an artist is found in the unlikely name of Peregrine Heathcote.

Now don't get me wrong I like the images, after all they feature old cars, classic aviation, and ocean liners reminiscent of the deco style, the trouble is they are also reminiscent of another artist!

Sadly I find Heathcote's paintings contrived, the oh so vacant look of the female model conjures up an impression of gormless beauty rather than the wistfulness that I'm sure the artist intended.

Having said that I do like the images, but I guess that's down to the subject matter as opposed to the originality, or artistic merit of the work. there's a certain Deja Voux about them all, as I'm sure a certain Jack Vettriano might agree!

2 comments:

PTA Transit Authority said...

Very nice post. This is style!

Raggmunk said...

Nice images,thumb´s up.