Friday, June 03, 2011

Garage find.

Having painted the painting entitled 'Barn find' earlier I decided to do another one, this time motorcycle related. Here in the UK we don't tend to have barns full of old vehicles as so many of us live crammed into this small island. What we do have are lock-up garages in which we store our old junk.

The above painting shows a 'Garage find' Kawasaki motorcycle. It is a 1972 model that appears to have been standing undisturbed for many years - wish I could find one just like it!

5 comments:

Petticoats and Chrome said...

That is an incredible likeness.

How long did it take you to paint?

The Old Nail said...

Hi, This one took around 40 hours to complete as it's much more detailed than the photo might suggest. Everything in the painting was done from memory except the motorcycle, for that I used a photograph as a 'model'.

Petticoats and Chrome said...

40 hours? I am astonished how proficiently you are to be able to complete it to such a standard in that time. As it is a melange of memory and photography I also admire your composition.

Petticoats and Chrome said...

(P.S. It is a beautiful bike, and although I am more of a car than motorcycle girl, I do love an old Norton, and I do love it when my cousin doubles me through the country on his fiery steed.)

The Old Nail said...

Thanks PC. I like to paint old vehicles be they cars, bikes, trucks or whatever, just so long as they are old and characterful. Like most things these days, I truly believe that 'They don't make 'em like they used to'. :-)