Saturday, January 31, 2009

New for 1955 Chevrolet.



One of the great things I like about American auto ad's of the 40's and 50's is the names given to some of the different aspects of the cars.
For example we have already seen on these pages those beautiful 'Futuramic' Oldsmobiles fitted with 'Rocket' engines and 'Hydraglide' transmissions, I love the use of those names!

New for '55 this 'Motoramic' Chevy was fitted with the all new 'Turbofire' engine, while it's 'Glideride' and 'Outrigger' suspension took care of comfort, it also has something called 'Blueflame' but didn't quite catch what that does!

2 comments:

Gunnar and Sherry said...

This post is blog-a-rific! I love those old commericials. The 1950s were the golden era for nonsensical advertising copywriting. By the way, I gave your blog a mention and "nicked" your phrase "Beautiful Decay" in my last post!

The Old Nail said...

Hi there, thanks for the kind words, keep watching I have all sorts of stuff planned!