Monday, December 22, 2008

When old meets new.


Sometimes working with new technology can be a little daunting, I remember the first time that I ever sat before a computer keyboard how impossibly new it all seemed!

Being a 'traditional' Artist, in that I still work in oils on canvas (a process that has seen several centuries of use) I look upon the emerging type of computer generated, or digital art with a mixture of some bemusement and not a little awe.
Some of the better exponents of this art can produce images that are astoundingly good, and more and more they are applying this 21st Century technology to recreate early 20th century images!

The image above is one such example, it's a work in progress done - not by me I might add, but by someone far more adept in the use of computer digital art sofware. The vehicle represented is an Austin Seven Ulster, and the other photos in this series can be found by clicking on the link.

No comments: